Monday, September 7, 2009

Funny Farm

I am excited about tonight. I'm not going out. I'm not attending some fantastical media event. I'm not wearing a new dress or brushing shoulders with the best in the business. I am staying home. And I'm watching The Farmer Wants A Wife. And I am so excited.

There is just something about watching these poor men fall in love that really pulls on my heart strings. They thought they were down and out. They thought their hearts had been broken beyond repair. They thought they were unlovable. But low and behold, thanks to the joys of reality TV and contrived scenerios, cupid and his bow and arrow are making magic happen and bringing it to the comfort of my living room.

Sure, it may contain the occasional cliche and be riddled by moments so cringe-worthy I want to curl up into the foetal position and rock back and forth, but I withstand all that to watch these simpletons find love. So what if these people have resorted to a reality TV program to find their happily ever afters? I've done my dash on RSVP.com. I'm not one to point the finger.

So tonight, I will be spending the glorious hour between 8:30pm and 9:30pm watching The Farmer Wants A Wife and leaving my cynicism to sulk in the corner like a naughty child.

No comments:

Post a Comment