Friday, September 25, 2009

DISCOVER ME: Fug it, I love it

I have inherited a new housemate over the last few days as a friend from Charters Towers camps on the floor of my living room. As a dedicated KH Chronicle reader herself (snap sister) and a blogging devotee, we have spent much of the last few days musing over our favourite websites like 13-year-old Warhammer fans and swapping blog sites like they were lipgloss shades.

And this is how I came across Go Fug Yourself.

Reading this site made me want to cry salty tears that I have gone 21 years without having ever stumbled across it before. The cynicism, the brutal sarcasm, the witty one-liners - I love love love it.

The site is essentially Gossip Girl gone brilliantly bad, where two writers review the outfits worn by the big wigs of the A-list business . Those hit out of the park and those gone oh-so foul, 'the fuggers' review them all in deliciously politically-incorrect style. No celeb is safe from Jessica and Heather's tauntingly terrific descriptions as they pull the red-carpet out from beneath each and every celeb who thought they were making a fashion statement, but were really just making the camera's cry.

Particular celebrities certainly worth a read are Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears where the fuggers' write the reviews in character. There is a definite stench of inappropriateness here, especially given the girls' practically poke fun of Jennifer's Latino heritage, but the comedy is so undeniable you can't help but keel over. Partly from laughter and partly from shock that someone could have to balls to say some of this stuff out loud.

I think I would be more scared of meeting these two than I would be of being trapped in an elevator with Anna Wintour, but despite my fear for my personal fashion, there's a deep respect for these two characters. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one day they make their way out to Australia, as I'm just dying to hear what they have to say about Kerri-anne Kennerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment