Friday, September 11, 2009

Creative Contempt

I posted a KH Commentary on Tuesday called The Romance Reality which told the oh-too-cute story of Patrick Moberg and his search for the NY Girl Of My Dreams. As a professional illustrator, Patrick had designed the advertisement which had made womens' hearts' melt around the globe.

Upon writing at the time, I took a little cyber-trip to view Mr. Moberg's website and I had quite the pleasant experience viewing his illustrations. To read just what I had to say, visit The Doodling Dream-Boat post.

I have such respect for artists, illustrators, photographers and creative personnel trying to make a living from their passion. They do it tough for the love of their craft - they're payed in peanuts, generally exploited and rarely receive what they truly deserve in terms of cash and credibility. In the face of terrorism, poverty, the GFC - they make the world a more beautiful place to be in. The same goes for anyone in the creative milieu - dancers, writers, models, fashion designers, painters, poets, grafitti artists. They don't trivialise the world, they make art from it and that's harder said than done.

So in the face of my creative contempt, I have started a new portal - Discover Me - where all those struggling artists (no matter what genre you herald from) can receive a little bit of coverage courtesy of KH and together, we can appreicate the artists making our world a little more liveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment