Thursday, March 4, 2010

Technological Difficulties (and a wee spot of jealousy)

My dearest Chroniclers - my sincerest apologies if you have lost sleep over the last week in worry that I had been hit by a Mack truck, fallen down a Sydney sewage drain or sold all my worldy posessions to join some kind of anti-internet cult. This is not the case. I am alive and well.

My computer however, is not.

The poor thing, despite putting up with me for the last five years, decided last week that it had had enough. It through in the towel - and its hard drive - and went on strike, consequently leaving me completely out of touch with the technological world. It has now taken up a bed in Computer Hospital were its getting a hard drive replacement and a bit of formatting surgery. I've been promised that by the time I get my computer back, he'll be looking better than ever.

So until then, I have to make do on Sister Dearest's swanky, brand new Dell Notebook, which is about the size of of a small tote. While I love my lappy-top dearly and appreciate everything he has done for me, I can't help but feel a little jealous of the Dell. It feels, looks and smells, new. The keys are crisp, the screen is devoid of fingertip smudges and I don't have to wait a freaking month just for it to load an internet page.

But don't tell lappy-top that - he gets so jealous when I type around.

Ciao for now. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment