Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's The Big Idea?

So we’ve had my All I Want for Christmas Is list and the 10 Things To Do or Avoid Doing on New Year’s Eve So You Don’t End Up Upside Down In A Garden Bed With Bleeding Shins And Short One Hoop Earring and A Victoria Secret Lipgloss list, but I thought I would go for the trifecta and make my first post for the New Year a list also.

This is the end of the lists, I promise.

So, here is my List of Big Ideas for 2012. It’s kind of like a list of New Year’s resolutions, but better.

And you should also know that in my writing these ideas here, they are now smeared in my copyright. Finders is not keepers when it comes to blogging.  


1.       Work in a retirement home and record the memoirs of little old ladies and geriatric gentleman. I’ve always been a bit scared of retirement homes, so this idea offers a double whammy. Conquer my fear of old people and put my skills as a journalist to some use by recording their memoirs for their personal keeping.

2.       Develop an iPhone app for The KH Chronicles. Imagine that – my daily ridiculousness would be but a thumb-tap away. That’s if you have a smart phone. And if you don’t, well, crawl out from under your rock. The technological age has arrived.

3.       Take ceramics classes so my kitchen cupboards are full of my completely individual, non-matching gas-fired wares. This is in an attempt to eliminate anything identical from my life. This does not apply to my doppelganger, however.

4.       Learn the harmonica so I can play the harmonica solo in my rendition of Lisa Mitchell’s A Little Ramblin’ Blues For Any Hour. Then I can use one of those nerdy harmonica holders which looks like the headset teenagers with braces had to wear in the 80s.

5.       Item 4 is part of a greater idea I have to become a one-woman show, wherein I play the guitar, base, harmonica, tambourine, triangle and drums all at the same time, while singing like Julie Andrews before she got nodules.  

6.       Go into business with Joanna Lumley. I’m not sure how yet. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be business. I would be equally content employing her to be my personal bedtime storyteller, just so I can listen to her voice on a daily basis.

7.       To win a Shorty Award. Let’s face it - winning an Oscar Award is a little far-fetched. Winning one of the Oscar Awards for Twittering is a little more down to earth. And I am nothing if not practical.


So there you go. My ideas are in print and out in the cyber universe. Let’s review this time next year. I rarely succeed on my New Year’s resolutions, but as these aren’t resolutions, I’m feeling hopeful. I’m going to start with Item 7, by writing a tweet about this very post.

But whatever happens, I'm pretty sure I'll do better than this guy...



KH.

No comments:

Post a Comment