Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When did...

When did...

- I start being tucked up in bed at 10:30pm. On a Friday.

- I stop coming to work smelling like last night's booze-laden bad decisions.

- an awesome night involve the words 'couch', 'pinot gri' and 'curried sausages'.

- I stop looking forward to being just that little bit older, so I wouldn't have to pull out my ID all the damn time.

- $20 get me one cocktail. Instead of two jugs of spirit and mixer from the Embassy Hotel and a hell of a good night.

- I start wearing comfortable shoes.

- I start bleeding rent. Oh wait... I've always bled rent.

- I stop living with six people in a six bedroom house which had more hair straighteners than power points to plug them into.

- I start buying wine. Because I like the taste. 

- I start having informed conversations with my parents.

- I start having to check if a man was wearing a wedding ring before chatting him up at a bar.

- I begin chatting up men in a bar?

- Men stop chatting ME up in a bar?

- the thought of waking up on a Saturday morning with a hangover the size of Switzerland become enough for me to politely turn down a drink.

- I start eating quinoa because I liked the taste. Oh that's right. Never.

- The words duck pate and blue cheese make me salivate.

- I start making lists about how depressing my sad twenty-something life is? 


No comments:

Post a Comment